Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My exciting day

7am Wake up... wait, it's too early. Try to fall back asleep and fail miserably. Sit up and read by Bible in 2 Kings - exciting.
7:45 Get up and make omelets for Andy and I for breakfast (with heirloom tomatoes and avocados)
8:15 Wake up Andy with breakfast in bed and eat quick
8:30 Shower
8:50 Be nervous
9:00 Phone interview with the principal of Stayton Christian School for a PE/Music teacher position (plus some office work because they can't afford to pay the teacher full time)
9:50 Finish the interview with a sigh of relief - I'll hear back in the next day or so
10:15 Take our giant pile of laundry to the laundromat - we sold our washer and dryer at our yard sale
10:20 Realize that I don't have enough quarters to wash the whole giant pile (it cost $10!), so I look in my wallet and see a $5! Get change for my $5 at the little machine
10:30 Finish starting the laundry
10:35 Head to the bank for more quarters - get a $10 roll
10:45 Wait at the laundromat... luckily I brought my knitting
11:00 Switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer (it only costs $2 to dry everything!)
11:05 Head to the Lawnmower Man to pick up our lawn mower, pay him $20 for fixing our pull cord which was chewed off by my parents' dog
11:15 See a little boy selling pink lemonade on the side of the street, buy 2 cups for $1, cute little boy
11:20 Arrive at home to drop off the lawnmower and surprise Andy with lemonade - he's not there :(
11:25 Head back to the laundromat and wait for the drying to finish
11:30 Check the drying, and it's not quite dry, add another quarter
11:45 Finish the laundry and get out of there as fast as humanly possible
11:55 Grocery shop for some produce
12:10 Crash at home and nap for a while
1:30 Get awoken by Andy coming home
That's all so far, the rest of my day will be taken up by:
-Making Harvest Apple Galette for Ryan Freudenburg, one of our high schoolers whose leaving for college tomorrow
-Folding the laundry
-Packing as much as possible
-at 5:00 heading to my Mom's for dinner
-6:30 Jr. High Youth Group
-8:00 Home
-8:30 Ryan Freudenburg coming over for dessert
-9:30 A little Olympics
-10:30 Bed

How can my day be so filled with nothing??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that's how my days look every day!

I am planning on selling some hats, soon...I just need some little models, too.