Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Knitting

A while ago, I was inspired by my friend Emily to pick up knitting again. It had been a while, and I have two old unfinished projects. I decided to get some yarn and needles, and knit a hat. My first hat turned out great, and I have since made 7 more I have yet to finish my unfinished projects (one's a baby blanket for my 1-year-old niece started when she was in the womb, and the other is a black felted bag that I am very excited to use once I get the guts to go ahead with the felting). I used to buy all my yarn and needles at Wal-mart because that's the only place around here to get supplies. I have since become a knitting snob and won't knit with acryllic or metal needles anymore. I've moved on to 100% cotton, wool/mohair/angora/silk, etc. and bamboo knitting needles (my soul mates). My latest project is a farmer's market bag out of cotton and linen. I'll post a terrible picture of my bag as it sits now. Not much to look at, but it will be once it's done!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's great that you've picked up knitting again! Kinda funny, I've moved onto crocheting now, I can do it way faster, but same thing, really! I'll post of my hats, soon. I've made 4 in the last few days. It's very relaxing for me. I'm with you on the cotton yarn, my favorite is the Lions Cotton. Fred Meyer has it Buy 2 Get 1 Free this week, a really good price!