Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Moving Day!

Yesterday was spent packing up our mountain of belongings (how did we accumulate so much stuff??), packing the cars, and cleaning our house. I'm just glad we were able to sell our big furniture so we don't have to move it. Last night we stayed at my parents' house in Grenada, and today we are driving up to Portland, then Stayton. Portland first because we are housesitting for 9 months at two fully furnished houses and don't need things like our bed, dresser and kitchen tools, so we're storing them at Andy's parents' house in the meantime.

I am very tired. And I have to drive all that way (about 6 or 7 hours total) by myself. We have a total of 3 cars and a big truck pulling a trailer. But I'm very excited about moving! My parents and Andy's mom are all helping us, and they were a HUGE help yesterday. What would we do without parents? It's kind of strange moving to Stayton, neither of our families are there, and we've always lived very close to at least one of our families. I will be an adventure.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Congrats on your move! I'll be praying that everything goes smooth for you!