Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The dumbest thing ever

This is a very funny story. It got me laughing so hard that I was crying, and any of you who know me well will know that this thing would only happen to me.

So I was in the bedroom on my laptop (this was just about 10 minutes ago) doing some online shopping for my raw food challenge coming up. I'm buying nut milk bags for juicing, chia seeds, nori sheets, ph testing tape, etc. Naturally when you want to buy things, you usually need a credit card or some form of payment. I asked Andy to hand me my purse, but it wasn't in the room where I thought it was. I realized that I had left it on the kitchen table. I went out to get it and it was dark. I thought I saw it in the middle of the table so I stuck my hand down to grab it (pretty forcefully) and got a shooting pain through the palm of my hand. It turns out that I grabbed a CACTUS!! that Andy brought home from church a few days ago (a very sharp pointy one). I totally forgot it was there. Andy and I laughed about it for a long time. So now my hand hurts.

The cactus looked like this by the way:

2 comments:

Randall said...

ha ha ha. That's great jill. I hope your hand doesn't hurt for too much longer. See you in a week and a half!

Katie said...

haha! that's hilarious, and sounds like something i would do! Congratulations on your new job ... it's always so much better on you when you do something you love more. I hope it works out really well for you!