Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chocolate

I made my Dad some Father's Day presents today (I'll freeze them until the day). It was a raw chocolate day. Everything is made out of raw things, sweetened with agave nectar and hardened coconut oil/butter.
I started out with chocolate squares with almonds:
Then I made almond joys. I made a coconut inside with an almond on top, then covered with chocolate and froze them:
Next came those delicious Ferrero Rocher chocolates. They're not exactly like them, but similar. I made a hazelnut-chocolate paste, wrapped that around a hazelnut, and then covered it in raw chocolate:
And lastly, I took the leftover dipping chocolate and made some little chocolate bar-type things:
They all taste pretty delicious, and I know my Dad will love them.

2 comments:

Ryan Finlay said...

Hey Jill, Your chocolate looks great! I was just online actually looking for raw food recipes. I'm glad that you are into this raw food stuff. I'm sure that I can learn a lot from you. Could you post the recipes for these, or email them to me? I'd love to try them.

Ryan Finlay said...

heehee, even though it says Ryan it is me Candice:)