Monday, July 21, 2008

Bad news about Raw

Well, I'm afraid that I won't be able to continue my raw food challenge for the full 30 days for several reasons. First of all, I'm so busy that I don't have time to prepare enough nourishing raw meals to last me through every day. I'm constantly running around, grabbing a salad here and some fruit or nuts there, but simply not enough calories to get me through the day. I've lost about 8 pounds, and for me that's way too much. I've been doing Fitday, a nutrition calculator online, and I've only been getting 900-1200 calories per day with what I've been eating. Enough protein (at least 30 grams), but just not enough calories to keep me going. This evening I felt like I was going to pass out, which is not a good sign. 
Another reason is that I went camping over the weekend and that was fine doing raw, but this week I'm going to our church camp and helping all day with preparing the food, and it would be very hard to stay all raw because I would have to bring my own food, store it, and prepare it all on the side. 
The last reason is that our budget is super tight this month and all raw fruits, veggies, and especially nuts are not cheap, so it would be great to eat the free food at church camp. 
Some day when I have more time I might again attempt 100% raw, but for now I'm going to drop to about 70%. The other 30% will not be anything processed and will not contain any refined sugar. I refuse to eat those things because they are nothing but bad, cancer-and-disease-causing foods (if you can even call them that).
I will continue to eat lots of green smoothies, green juices, salads, fruits, etc. Just not quite 100%. Thanks for cheering me on, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that I can't continue.


Candice said...

Don't fell bad Jill, even though it's hard to not to complete something. I am concerned for you that you lost so much weight in such a short time! Please eat! You can still be very healthy and eat cooked food or other food that aren't raw. I think you'll be okay! Thanks for the update:)

Randall said...

But good news at a fun campout at Juanita Lake!