Monday, May 17, 2010

Gardening

I'm so excited this year because I've started my very own little vegetable garden. I dug up some grass in two places and went to town planting lots of yummy things.

In my front garden I planted: rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro, chives, onions, shallots, carrots, lettuce, arugula, kale, spinach, swiss chard, and tomatoes.
In my back garden I planted zucchini, a green bell pepper, green beans, and I'll be planting honeydew in June.
I also have a strip of dirt alongside the house where I planted snap peas, lettuce, onions, chives, and shallots, although those ones are not doing as well (except the peas) because of the quality of the dirt there. I love watching all of my little plants grow!!

Oh, and we also got another sweet Basset Hound. Everyone, meet Jeffrey's new sister, Annabelle Louise!

2 comments:

Debbie Wetzig said...

so fun! I'm glad you like to work in the dirt - you have lots of "farmer" roots.

Love you!

Randall said...

You have farmer "roots."