Sunday, April 12, 2009

Birthday and Easter

My 26th Birthday was on Friday and it was a wonderful day. Andy woke up and made me yummy steel cut oats with blueberries and walnuts (my favorite) for breakfast and gave me his present. It was a beautiful new pair of Danskos, but unfortunately they're a 1/2 size too small due to a mistake on endless.com's sizing. Sad. But I'll hopefully get the replacements next week. Then I went to work where everyone brought yummy goodies and a few nice gifts. Including one from the lady that shares my cubicle. She got me a dozen fresh farm eggs from her chickens, and I couldn't have asked for a better gift (she knows I love natural, organic, fresh food!) Then Andy took me out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in Silverton, I worked until 5, then we went to our new rental house that we're moving into in May and primed the walls for paint for a few hours. It was lots of work! Then yesterday we spent about 5 hours painting. We got the whole living room/dining room/hallway done in a lovely shade of brown (Valspar Wild Hawk) and it looks amazing. We're going to turn this very beat-up 1940's house into a nice place to live. We've got to paint the rest before May 1st and only have a few evenings after work to do it. Ahhhh! Hopefully we'll get it done with no problems.

As for Easter, we went to church this morning and I really liked the service. The sermon was on unanswered prayer, and it was really good. You can listen to the podcast at foothillsstayton.org. I like to listen to sermon podcasts at work sometimes while I'm doing monotonous things. And then we went up to Andy's parents' house for a delicious lunch and ate some delicious strawberry-rhubarb pie that I made yesterday.

Work has gotten a little monotonous lately. I just seem to do the same things every day. At first it was pretty stimulating and I had to figure a lot of things out. But now I pretty much know how to do everything and am a lot faster at doing things. I'm just glad I don't dread going to work every day, and that the days go by pretty quickly. It will be so nice to move back into town. Our rental house is right down the street from work, so I won't have to spend 15 minutes driving there, home, or 30 minutes of driving on my lunch hour. Yay!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Happy late birthday! Yes, it has been too long since we've seen eachother. It would be lovely to see you sometime and visit. I'm glad that you had a good birthday. You should post some pictures of your house, i'm sure it will look great. You are so good at decorating.